Nursing Administration & Leadership
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Program
St. John's College offers the Nursing Administration and Leadership (NAL) MSN program. The NAL program is an online program.
The master's program consists of five core courses of online learning with student requested face-to-face meetings. After completion of the core courses (15 credit hours), the student continues with the online specialty courses of Nursing Administration and Leadership (NAL) program. Our program creates opportunities to advance your career and serve in leadership roles.
Students are admitted every fall. This program is completely online.
Full-time plan of study is 6 semesters completed in 2 years. Part-time plan of study is 8 semesters completed in 3 years.
This nursing education program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
Nursing Administration Leadership Program at St. John’s College of Nursing, Springfield.
Tuition Discount of 10% to members of the Illinois Organization of Nurses Leaders when they get accepted to the Nursing Administration
Leadership track in the master’s program.
Please contact the Admissions Administrator, Britni Caruso at 217-525-5628 for more information.
Admission & Application Requirements
All information requested must be submitted before the application can be processed.
- Completed application accompanied by a $60 nonrefundable application fee. Application deadline was August 14, 2020. The next start for the MSN - NAL track program is Spring 2021.
- Submission of a legal document showing proof of name and Illinois residence at time of application (state-issued photo ID).
- Submission of official transcripts from all regionally accredited college(s) attended showing:
- A preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 in upper division BSN courses.
- Good academic standing in the last institution attended.
- Proof of completion of bachelor’s degree in nursing from a regionally accredited and State Board of Education approved college. Official transcripts must come from the granting institution directly to St. John’s College. Hand-carried transcripts are not acceptable.
- Completion of a nursing baccalaureate degree within the last five years, or if BSN received more than five years ago, the applicant must have practiced as an RN within the last two years.
- Active and unencumbered registered nurse license in the State of Illinois.
- Two professional letters of reference.
- Personal essay (approximately 250 words describing professional career aspirations in advanced practice nursing).
- Professional resume
- Ability to use computer technologies including accessing, retrieving, receiving and communicating information. All applicants with English as a second language are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and achieve a score of 560 on the paper version, 220 on the computer-based version or 83 on the internet-based (iBT) version.
Criteria for Final Acceptance
To receive final acceptance and permission to enroll in classes, the student must achieve and maintain all provisional acceptance requirements required by St. John's College and:
- Completion of a pre-entrance health examination
- Completion of criminal background check with no disqualifying conditions.
- CPR certification completed the year of clinical courses at St. John's College
- Proof of medical insurance
- Proof of malpractice insurance
- Proof of immunizations
All applicants provisionally accepted must meet the criteria for final admission before being enrolled in St. John's College.